Advertisement

Not your keys, not your bitcoin. Similarly: not paper in your wallet, not your cash.

Not your keys, not your bitcoin. Similarly: not paper in your wallet, not your cash. Cash is a many-splendored thing. But it is and has been changing in radical and remarkable ways.

Money is an abstraction of the concept of value, and when it comes to value, it probably doesn't mean anything unless you really actually "own" that value.

In this video, I give a concrete example of how I managed to forget about the significance of value ownership for a short period of time when thinking about how my next-gen bank allows me to buy and sell bitcoin with the euros in my account.

This is one of the things I love about blockchain and cryptocurrencies - they are forcing us to think about the underlying issues surrounding all sorts of financial concepts that directly shape the way the world we live in works.

bitcoin,blockchain,ownership,philosophy,money,yt:cc=on,

Post a Comment

0 Comments