Advertisement

I Woke Up During Surgery | Doctors Panicked

I Woke Up During Surgery | Doctors Panicked Hi everybody! I’m Steve.



Recently some terrible stuff happened in my life. And I can’t even believe it was true. In short, I woke up right at the operating table.



I got to the hospital a few weeks ago. I was really sick, right at the class, so I had to call the ambulance. The doctors came and took me away.
Of course, I could ask them what was happening, and where we were going, and if my parents see me. But it was such a terrible pain, that I didn’t care about all the stuff. Take me wherever you want, just help me out!
When I finally got to the hospital, the examining doctor told me I had to be prepared for the surgery. It turned out the problem was the appendicitis inflammation. Basically, it’s a standard situation. Nothing special, but it was necessary to remove the appendicitis as soon as possible.
I’ve heard, that such kind of surgery for the experienced doctors was as easy as pie. They can even do it with one hand. It’s a typical surgery and their daily routine. So, there’s nothing to worry about.
If I only knew, what would happen next…
In an hour or two, my parents came to the hospital. They had a talk with the doctor and I was getting prepared for the surgery. They took some tests and examined me. Well, nothing special.
Honestly, I was I little bit anxious. It was my first surgery ever. Even when they tell you «don’t be afraid», it was creepy to imagine somebody cutting you and doing something inside. Like a true horror film.
So, my doctors were really good ones. They talked to me, joked and I finally calmed down. In the operation room the anaesthetist came up to me and told me some jokes too, to make the atmosphere more friendly. Then he put a mask on my face.
I felt my body became heavy, everything around me was floating and I fell asleep. So, as it should be.
Anyway, I was lying and watching dreams under anesthesia while doctors were doing their surgery. Well, it was all okay. Suddenly in that calm and peace some unexpected things happened.
As I remember, I slowly, step by step, started to wake up. And I felt like I had a bad sleeping: headache, heavy body, my thoughts were mixed up. And because of that I couldn’t understand where I was and what was going on.
When my mind was trying to wake up, I was also trying to open my eyes. It wasn’t that easy. When I was opening my eyes, I got a hit of the bright white light. When I got used to it, I finally opened my eyes fully and I was trying to understand what I was doing there.
Honestly, I’d better stay asleep as long as I could. Because when I realised what’s going on, I started panic. I was laying on the operation table, and they were doing the surgery! Just like real-time, you know! I wasn’t just shocked… I was horrified!
But here was the next problem. I couldn’t show them anything. My body was heavy and I couldn’t move it. I couldn’t feel some parts of my body. I couldn’t shout, I couldn’t move my leg or my hand… even put my head up. All I could do was lay in silence watching the doctors doing something inside my body!
I couldn’t show anybody I was awake. The doctors hadn’t notice it for some time. For about 15 minutes they continued the surgery, talking to each other. I saw them giving each other scalpels and forceps, putting their hand in and out of my stomach.
I felt helpless in that moment. Just imagine: looking at the real the surgery on your body! And you have no opportunity to make people pay any attention to you. It’s something unreal! And creepy…
But I was lucky with one thing. If I can say “lucky” in this case. I felt nothing in my stomach, like no pain… no, nothing. At all. It made me «happy» in my situation. Because I could see the operation, okay… but I couldn’t feel it. I suppose I wouldn’t stand it.
So I was laying on the table, watching surgeons cutting something. And when the panic was gone, I decided, it was quite interesting. Not every person can get such an opportunity, you know. And there was no pain. So I started to get over the situation and got used to it.
But suddenly one of the doctors looked at me and got frozen. With his mouth open and with a scalpel in his hands. When he noticed I was staring at him, blinking and that anaesthesia didn’t work at that moment, he got totally stunned. Suddenly he started shouting. It seemed to me, I even moved because of his shouting.
They started running around in the operation room. The apparatuses went noisy, doctors were rushing around the table with worried faces saying something really loud. And I was still laying watching all the scene. The main question was: has everything already been done or do I have to wait for some more?

animated story,short story,animated short stories,actually happened,storybooth animated,storybooth meet my story,meet my story,animation short film,short animation,animation,animated channel,actually happened stories,stories,story,storytime,true stories,meet my storytime,took surgery,surgery on appendix,lost consciousness at school,woke up during surgery,didnt feel pain,doctors were shocked,anesthesia worked,it was interesting,i am fine now,mom,

Post a Comment

0 Comments