Advertisement

JSL & ASL similar signs but different meanings part 7

JSL & ASL similar signs but different meanings part 7 JSL & ASL similar signs but different meanings part 7
1. Seem / でも (demo) But

Konnichiwa everybody, it’s me Danny and it’s good to be back making more JSL videos for this year.

I’ve been busy durning the holidays and I’m sure you have all be busy as well.

Continuing with the theme of Similar ASL/JSL signs but with different meanings, my next word is:

Seem / でも (demo) But or However

Before I begin, I’d like to ask you a favor and please help grow my channel by clicking subscribe and ringing the bell. This will help me know that you are all still interested and will help me continue to stay motivated.

Now back to ASL and JSL sign for “Seem”.

In ASL the sign movement is closer to your eyes. Your hand maybe representing a paper, being turned towards you to “reveal” something. So I can see why this sign is used for the word “seem”

In JSL the sign movement is further away from your body and is in a neutral space with the same hand movement as the ASL sign.

I can imagine this motion representing as “Something being presented or shown”.

As the hand turns to show the backside of the hand it can represent “Showing the other side of thing or idea”

I can see why this JSL sign would represent the word “But or However”

Let’s see both the ASL and JSL again.

And here my sample sentence using でも:

I like Ramen. But I love Udon.
ラーメンが好きです。 でもうどんが大好きです。

Thank you very much for watch and

#JapaneseSignLanguage #JSL #手話 #AmericanSignLanguage #ASL #アメリカ手話 #Animewithsignlanguage #learnJapaneseSignLanguage #BasicJapaneseSignLanguage

DeafJapan,American Sign Language,Japanese Sign Language,Danny Gong,デフジャパン,アメリカ手話,手話,ダニー・ゴング,learn Japanese Sign Language,Basic Japanese Sign Language,

Post a Comment

0 Comments