Advertisement

Starting a NEW SKETCHBOOK with a watercolor painting | Snowy speedpaint and chatting about stuff

Starting a NEW SKETCHBOOK with a watercolor painting | Snowy speedpaint and chatting about stuff New sketchbook, new... something! Not quite new year. New art I guess. I mentioned in the sketchbook tour video that the last sketchbook I had wasn't very good for watercolor painting (the paper just didn't take the paints very well) so for this one I've stitched together a bunch of proper watercolor paper so I'll be able to use watercolors more! I did enjoy qouache and its challenges, so I'm sure I'll keep using that too for these speedpaints as I get further into this sketchbook!

I've been feeling really inspired to create art now that winter has sterted to finally settle in properly and it seems like the snow isn't going to keep melting away anymore *fingers crossed*, but there's been so little time to draw anything but my comic with christmas holidays closing in. Eeep! But hopefully I'll still feel in an inspired mood come January when there will be more time to create art!

The chacaracter in the drawing is Lalli (and Kitty) from my webcomic "Stand Still. Stay Silent", if you want to check it out it's over at sssscomic.com

~~
materials used in this art timelapse: Arches hot press watercolor paper, schminke horadam watercolors, red pigma micron fineliner, sigma uniball white gel pen for the whiskers. Oh, and red led mechanical pencil for the barely visible sketch.

~*~*~
You can find me and my artwork on:
----


My WEBSITE aka my dear WEBCOMIC "Stand Still.Stay Silent": sssscomic.com


INSTAGRAM handle (I post all my art there): hummingfluff


TWITTER handle (I use it to post comic updates and such): sssscomic


~*~*~


Music: (Licensed from EpidemicSound.com)



~//////////~


WHAT I USE TO DRAW:


For my digital art I use Clip Studio Paint for sketching, linearts and most of my coloring process, often I do some part of the coloring/painting part in Photoshop (it has some cooler brushes available that I enjoy)


I use a wacom cintic 12WX tablet for all my digital drawing needs, hooked up to a desktop computer, occasionally to my laptop. (Yes, it's a SUPER old and small screen tablet! But it still works for me after over 1000 comic pages drawn with it. )

hummingfluff,art,artist,timelapse,artwork,speed painting,speedpaint,drawing timelapse,art timelapse,speed drawing,minna sundberg,drawing,draw,painting,paint,illustrator,illustration,comic artist,art channel,how to,watercolors,watercolor,wotercolours,watercolour,sketchbook,new sketchbook,traditional art,

Post a Comment

0 Comments