Advertisement

Teacher Stories: Finding the Most Appropriate Way of Teaching

Teacher Stories: Finding the Most Appropriate Way of Teaching This video is part of the "Teacher Stories" collection, produced for the Teachers in Crisis Contexts Roundtable in Beirut in November 2019.

Rim Omar
Lebanon

Q: What is the thing that you love most about yourself as a teacher?

A: Other than supporting students, I can let them find a person that they can rely on, that can help them as they overcome the difficulties in life at school or at home.

Q: What is the thing you love most about applying CQI?

A: I let the kids find solutions -- or that they can think with CQI to find solutions to the difficulties that they have experienced and at the same time, I’m able to control the class in a better way so that I let my students apply the class in a better way.

Q: What are some of the difficulties that you experience as a teacher?

A: In the same class there is more than one level of students so this doesn’t allow me [to] explain in the same way. With the CQI, I was able to find a few different ways of explaining, and I found the most appropriate way for the students in which they answer the most, this is what is connected.

Q: What kind of support would you like to work in as a teacher?

A: Support? I wish to give them support in foreign languages because they have weakness in it. At the same time, we were using the social emotional learning that is SEL that allows them to acquire skills in the class and in their life as well.

Q: What kind of support would you like to work in as a teacher that uses the CQI theory?

A: When I used the CQI, I applied it so that they would acquire skills of foreign reading and writing.

Q: Rim, what would you like the world to know about your life or your work?

A: Before I taught, I felt that I was a person who couldn’t work with students – with kids or that I was a person without patience. So when I tried the experience of teaching, I found myself really loving the kids and I have patience, and I can help them and give them support that they need.

Q: What would you like the world to know about you or your life as a teacher who applies the theory of CQI?

A: I’d like the whole world to know that CQI helped me so that the kids acquire skills not just reading and writing but also behavior as well.

Q: Rim, what changes would you like to see in the programs and policies?

A: I wish that the CQI becomes included in the curriculum in the official and special (private) schools because it’s not something extra. It’s an idea. It’s a way of thinking that helps us in our daily lives and work lives.

Q: What are the things and skills you would like to learn to add to your knowledge and to grow?

A: I wish to learn from the CQI something that would help me cooperate and work with students with special needs.


*This story was collected as part of Teachers in Crisis Contexts (TiCC) Roundtable being held in Beirut, Lebanon on November 4-5, 2019 to ensure that the voices and experiences of teachers working in crisis and displacement permeate all aspects of the event.

Teaching

Post a Comment

0 Comments