Advertisement

Can’t Keep Time? Steadiness in Metronomic Execution | Pulse & Rhythm - (2019)

Can’t Keep Time? Steadiness in Metronomic Execution | Pulse & Rhythm - (2019) To say you have a bad 'sense of rhythm' is not right. Everyone feels rhythms, knows when to tap their feet or bop their head in time, even if they're not musicians. Your problem is down to 'steadiness in metronomic execution' and herein, I give what appears to be the best solution to becoming mindful of your internal metronome and fixing it.

Water Pianism Podcast Collection:

I then discuss how Pulse can only come from a steadiness in metronomic execution. Pulse can be studied in more detail theoretically here: - Finally, rhythm, and below I have provided some links to very different rhythms. Rhythm is only possible thanks to Pulse but can be very different, even with the same pulse. So, do understand that metronomic steadiness is the foundation to Pulse, and Pulse is inherent in Rhythm which in itself can be varied.

Free Podcast Playlist:

Demonstrations of rhythms to study, feel and identify the pulse atop the steadiness in execution:

1. - jazz swing
2. - bossa nova
3. - rock variations
4. - african (long but very useful)
5. - blues (variations)

I mentioned at the end to study drum tutorial videos. Here are two excellent starting points (no affiliation)

1. - Discussing feel, examples given.
2. - Timing and internal metronome from a drummer's persepctive (no different at all from that of any other instrument... includes some nice ideas you can put to the piano)

Another video I did on rhythm: - and an article on the internal metronome (with embedded video):

All eBooks:

Playlist for beginners - newer videos:

(You would do well to press the bell next to my Subscribe button and choose to be notified for all new uploads).

danthecomposer Piano Challenge:

Likes, comments and subscriptions always welcome!

Water Pianism Community - Come and say hello!

Follow me on Instagram?

My Facebook Page on which you can discover all my work in one place and follow it easily:

My blog:

My compositions:

Ten Mins @ the Piano Playlist:

My most popular playlist: How to Become a Pianist in Ten Lessons:

Support me via Patreon:

danthecomposer,piano lessons,how to play piano,water pianism,major scales,free piano lessons,chords,rhythm,timing,pulse,music theory,internal metronome,steadiness in execution,

Post a Comment

0 Comments