Advertisement

Inspired by the "Tom Snow Delay" - A Creative Use Of Delay Effects

Inspired by the This is a video about harnessing musical inspiration from sounds, effects or patterns of any kind.

The staggered delay which was brought to my attention by a dear friend and client of mine, the great artist and songwriter Tom Snow, who brought this cool Alesis Multi delay system to the studio and asked me to use it in the production of feature songs for the Lion King.

The musical nature of that reverb impressed me so much that now, many years later, I got reminded to rebuild it inside of Pro Tools with two Waves H-Delays in a specific configuration.

Once I found a guitar pattern that begin to communicate with the delay-array, more inspiration followed and the beginning stages of the song was born in a very short time period.

I love sharing these "Kitchen Sink Moments" with you and hope they may inspire you to dive in and spend some intimate time with a certain sound or effect so that music may get born around this nucleus.

I hope you enjoy this multi-purpose video which also talks about Waves H-Delay, Steven Slate Drums 5 as well as Chris Lord Alge's Bass plugin and amp simulator.

Please hit SUBSCRIBE and let me know if you need production or engineering services - that's what I do for a living - and I absolutely LOVE doing it!!

Contact:
admin@stephanoberhoff.com

Website:
www.StephanOberhoff.com

Effects

Post a Comment

0 Comments