Advertisement

5-12-19 – SO, WHERE ARE WE NOW IN THE PRESENT MOMENT

5-12-19 – SO, WHERE ARE WE NOW IN THE PRESENT MOMENT SO, WHERE ARE WE NOW IN THE PRESENT MOMENT?
The present moment! Is it only this very instant? Or is it a short time range that includes what we are doing right now. Right now I am sitting at the computer creating the blurb for my next video. A short while ago, I was taking my blood pressure just after I woke up. Before that, of course, I was asleep. Before I went to bed, I checked the messages on my computer; and before that I was out dancing with my friend. How far back can I go for it to still be considered the present moment? If all I did was sit around and contemplate, I would be doing nothing and nothing would get done. What about the day before yesterday and plans for tomorrow? In other words, what is the time range allowed for things to still be considered the present moment? What if I was planning on getting married? Details have to be arranged, right? Any number of “plans” come with details attached. So what, exactly, is the present moment? As I ponder this, I find a dilemma; in fact, it is virtually impossible to conduct our lives only in the present. There’s a continuity that cannot simply be escaped, even when we meditate. In fact, the mind keeps working, whether subconscious (sleeping) or conscious (waking). The more I think about this, the more confusing it seems to nail down. Now is, and must be broader than only this moment. Ah, the impasse!

NOW moment,what is time?,the continuum,past-present-future,meditation,communication,plans,devil in that details,subconscious mind,dream state,the impasse,dilemma,no escape,stuck in time,mindlessness,what is real?,

Post a Comment

0 Comments